My whole life this is what I have always wanted to own my own business.
Why I really don’t know it was just what was in my heart. So I followed.
When you do your market research, your business plans and everything else you need to do. You read all of the material and as much as they say ‘There are little to no rewards in the beginning’ you say ‘That’s OK, I know and that’s fine’.
Then you open and it feels like FINALLY! We’re here.
Reality: NO YOU ARE NOT!
You haven’t even started. The fun starts here!
Now you have to make sales, marketing, networking, promotions, accounting, and orders blah blah blah.
So the excitement and adrenalin soon becomes stress, fatigue, exhaustion. The smile lines turn into frown lines because you know what ‘There are little to no rewards in the beginning’
The time, dedication, consistency, motivation and the passion it takes consumes you. It’s what you live it’s what you breathe! It’s the first thing you think about in the morning and last thing you about at night and if that’s not enough
YOU WAKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND THINK ABOUT IT!
Then something happens “BOOM” your light bulb moment!
It’s not what is on the other side, it’s about the journey.
So you STOP!
You realise that your job will never be done. There will always be something that needs improving, fixing or updating. You and your business is constantly evolving and YOU need to enjoy the process and trust the process and know that everything that has gone wrong and right has brought you here to this very moment right here and right now.
When you realise that from the bottom of your heart this is what you live and breathe for.
I didn’t do this to make money I do it because I LOVE IT. I do it because it is my mission to make women feel good about themselves everyday.
Why? Because we deserve too! If we feel good then our partners, our kids, our family and our colleagues feel good too and we can enjoy the journey together.
So to answer my question Why am I in Business?
Because I LOVE to make women feel good and I want to make as many women as possible feel good. That’s why!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
YEKKK! That’s a bit scary when you think of your life like that!
Are you happy?
Everyone is so busy, so time poor and I really can’t remember lives ever being this crazy can you?
How can we start enjoying life? Here’s a tip…
• Think about what makes you feel good?
• Take ½ an hour every week give yourself a mini facial- scrub & mask.
• Then give yourself an entire body scrub (it’s the largest organ of our body we HAVE to look after it & we can’t replace it!)
• Jump in the shower was your hair and put a treatment in it.
That’s all really easy to do isn’t it? I promise you, you’ll feel better and you’re looking after yourself.
Here’s what you can do everyday to put a bit of pepper in our step…
• Get your wardrobe sorted and throw out anything you haven’t worn in a year. Make sure you have shapes to complement your body now.
• If you have big boobs DO NOT hide them you’ll just look like you have a big fat sausage lying across your chest! V necks are best suited for you and nothing that’s too big, fluffy or frilly. Keep it simple! WEAR ensure you have separation, lift, shape, comfort and support, make sure it’s bra that will make you feel good, sexy, elegant, cute, pretty whatever look you like!
• Wear matching Knickers (try it you’ll be surprised what I difference it makes)
• Get fresh air and/or take 5 minutes just to eyes your eyes and breathe deeply.
Smile and laugh (a good belly laugh should do it!)