Today I embarked on my new fitness regime and thought I would share my journey with you and maybe inspire you to jump on board.
* Lose 10 kilos in 12 weeks
I have decided to do the Body for Life routine because it's great if you're time poor and it's simple and it makes sense to me.
You have one "free day" a week the idea is to have 5 small meals and basically fill up on salad and vegetables and protein is the size of your fist.
So my biggest challenge will be to actually eat during the day and have a smaller meal at night. I often work through lunch because I am in the zone however I will have to make an effort the stop and eat.
20 minutes cardio 6 days a week. Basically the 20 minutes cardio is designed in a way that you maximise your 20 mins and you don't get bored. The thought process is that work outs shouldn't be long for example the fitter you get the longer the workouts? No it's about pushing yourself. So the 20 minutes looks like this-
1. Warm up the first 2 minutes at Intensity Level 5
2. Minutes 2-3 move from Intensity Level 5 to 6
3. Minutes 4-5, 6-10 and 11-14 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 9, maintain for one minute.
4. Minutes 15-19 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 10 (High Point at Level 10), maintain for one minute.
5. Minute 20 cool down to Intensity Level 5 for one minute.
3 times a week and alternating between upper and lower body this should only take 25 minutes.
Abs you do everyday or 6 days that you're training.
For more info on Body For Life or to view their success stories you can go to www.bodyforlife.com
So who's in with me? I will be updating you every week over the next 12 weeks so I would love to have on board.